10.22.2013

STREET STYLE- 1st Official Brief











For our first breif we were given a 'street style project' our aim was to find some innovative fashionable people who had an interesting sense of style. We had to hit the streets of Nottingham, armed with a camera and a friendly confident attitude! After a couple of days of spotting, these were my groups outcomes. At first I was a little apprehensive about going up to strangers and asking to take their photographs, however after the first couple of times it became a lot easier. I was quite surprised that everyone we approached was willing to have their photo taken after hearing feedback from other groups saying how some people refused too.
I found this task really interesting;I didn't want to just photograph generic street style and good looking people I really tried to spot some individual/unique styles. I really tried to look out for different colours, patterns and materials which people had put together.
 I found that a lot of people would clashed patterns and colours, those you wouldn't have originally put together really worked surprisingly well.
My favourite outfit has to be the guy in the rich purple top with the colourful african style print embossed over the top. I love how he has put this together; the top is very busy, quite dramatic, he's then paired this with some simple black jeans and then added some, simple, slipper like shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment